Crash Repair Systems
The way we repair vehicles has changed. Automobile manufacturers have reduced vehicle weight by switching from traditional steel to aluminium and high-strength steels introduced new technologies like advanced driver-assistance systems (ADAS), and are continually updating and improving repair standards.
To better diagnose, develop and execute a proper repair plan once a car is damaged in a collision, a technician needs to be able to understand not only how the collision affected the point of impact, but also how the collision energy transferred throughout the vehicle.
CRS is a complete Body repair system capable of handling all types of vehicle bodies. It can repair small, medium and heavy damages.
Types of Crash Repair Systems
Frame Rack Vs Bench: What’s the difference?
Benches hold a vehicle in alignment and allow parts and pieces of the vehicle to be positioned within the alignment of the bench. The vehicle is set up in holding points that become specific measuring reference points with a bench. These points allow the technician to then make incremental adjustments in small areas to bring damaged pieces back to specifications. Best suited for Unibody/ Mono chassis
Frame racks hold vehicles into place on a deck, and then the repair is done by making pulls in various directions to bring the entire structure back into OEM specifications. This technique can help apply the same amount of pressure across multiple points of the damaged area at the same time and can help to prevent further damage to the vehicle structure. Best suited for BoF chassis
Distinguishing Feature of an Effective CRS
- 3 Ton – effective Lifting capacity
- 10 Ton Vertical Pulling Tower
- 4 Clamp System with Scissor Lift
- Optional chassis holding clamps
- Bench can repair all types of vehicles
- Lower Foot Space typical for a 4X7 m bay.
- Provision for Chain lock all over the platform
- Suitable for Electronic measuring System
- Pulling Tower should have 360-degree movability and must be operated by a power pack
- Roof Pulling Attachments
- Provision for loading vehicles without wheels or engine
- Provision for attaching special clamps for vehicles without pinch weld
ATS ELGI CRS Offers
- Virtually unlimited holding and positioning options.
- True 360-degree pulling capability of pulling tower.
- Unique tower design that allows ganging around the deck – even at the corners.
- Vertical Pulling tower with telescoping heads provides unsurpassed 10 Ton power at the hook.
- The tilting platform and drive-on ramps make loading/ unloading faster than ever before.
- Unique Single Bolt Sill Clamping allows mounting & demounting the car faster.
- Compatible to use Electronic Measuring System.
- Unique Design – Permanently attached platform allows using welding & cutting equipment on the bench while pulling